Congratulations to Marion McIntosh – ADC Sections for the East Cluster in the Borders.
Awards: DofE, Chief Scout’s, Queen’s Scout (QSA)
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is complementary to the Chief Scout’s Awards and the Queen’s Scout Award, and both sets of awards fit perfectly within the Explorer Scout programme. Continue Reading DofE and Scouting Awards
The Zodiac Award has changed. It is still all about camping in different places all year round, and it is even more fun! You can still finish under the old rules, if you have already started, or use the new rules right now.
The Zodiac Award is now open to all Scouts, Explorers and Network members. Full details are on the SHQ website: Zodiac Award Update
Two very special Silver Acorns were recognised at the 104th Edinburgh North East.
Full information and advice is available on the Scouts UK website, from which the following is quoted:
It is strongly recommended that you read the available support materials before starting to work towards your award to make sure you fully understand what you need to do. The materials provide more advice and guidance on the award requirements, as well as ideas and information that will help you to meet them.
There are two sets of support materials, both as PDF files:
- For those doing the expeditions: Reach out and Explore
- For leaders and commissioners: Helping them to Reach out and Explore
Information is also available about International Trips in general.
Read about the Wildfire ESU Explorer Belt expedition to Iceland.
The specially distinguished service given by the adults listed below has been recognised by the award of the Silver Acorn in this year’s St George’s Day Awards.
- Margaret Aitken Borders District Secretary
- Bruce MacDonald Scout Leader 108th (Colinton)and Regional ASU member (Longcraig)
- Diane Marshall Deputy Regional Commissioner
- Lawrence Mitchell 51st Group ASU member and AAC member Pentland District
- Peggy Wills AAC member Borders District
- Robert Young ASU Manager Craigalmond District
- The Silver Acorn has also been awarded to Evelyn Rose AAC member Borders District who sadly died in December 2015