LONGCRAIG WATERSPORTS CENTRE
Water activities for Scouts and Guides
The specially distinguished service given by the adults listed below has been recognised by the award of the Silver Acorn in this year’s St George’s Day Awards. Margaret Aitken Borders District Secretary Bruce MacDonald Scout Leader 108th (Colinton)and...read more
Bookings for Longcraig are open now. To arrange your great water-based experience, e-mail email@example.com or phone 0131 441 1878 to check availability and make a...read more
Longcraig is a water activities centre based at South Queensferry (near Edinburgh), Scotland. Each year it enables over 2000 young people from all over the world to experience the thrill and sense of adventure that sailing, kayaking and power boating can offer through two hour taster sessions. The centre provides RYA dinghy sailing and power boat courses as well as BCU accredited kayaking courses. Although it is primarily a Scout / Guide centre, we also welcome other youth organisations and voluntary groups to take part in in our courses or to book sessions. We hope you find this site a useful introduction to what Longcraig can offer, but if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us for more details. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Sailing in one of our wayfarer dinghies, either accompanied with one of our trained helms or on your own
- Sailing in a Topper or Pico
- Kayaking in closed cockpit kayaks, led by one of our trained instructors, for a fun session afloat
- Build your own raft and then try it out (we provide wet suits and helmets)
- Why not round off your day by hiring our barbeque and have a barbie on the beach?
- Stand up paddleboard – kayaking on feet for those who don’t mind getting wet