The specially distinguished service given by the adults listed below has been recognised by the award of the Silver Acorn in this year’s St George’s Day Awards.
- Margaret Aitken Borders District Secretary
- Bruce MacDonald Scout Leader 108th (Colinton)and Regional ASU member (Longcraig)
- Diane Marshall Deputy Regional Commissioner
- Lawrence Mitchell 51st Group ASU member and AAC member Pentland District
- Peggy Wills AAC member Borders District
- Robert Young ASU Manager Craigalmond District
- The Silver Acorn has also been awarded to Evelyn Rose AAC member Borders District who sadly died in December 2015
Congratulations to Liz Wilson, District Commissioner in East Lothian, for winning a Lifetime Achievement Award at YouthLink Scotland’s Youth Worker of the Year Awards 2015.
Isabel McNab, the Regional Commissioner, nominated Liz under the Uniformed Youth Worker of the Year category, but the panel of judges were so impressed by Liz’s work and dedication to Scouting that they decided she deserved even greater recognition, and awarded her a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Read the full story in the Regional Newsletter April 2015, or on the SHQ website.
To help as many young people as possible enjoy the best Scouting possible, we need adult volunteers to get involved in a variety of ways. Continue Reading Volunteer with a particular skill
Every Scout Group needs a team of volunteers helping behind the scenes to ensure the admin, accounts and other practicalities are running smoothly. Together they are called the “Group Executive Committee” and in some Groups they are also known as the “trustees”.Continue Reading Volunteer behind the scenes
There are currently about 90 Scout Groups across the South East of Scotland, many of which would love to have your help deliver the activities they run with children and young people! Continue Reading Volunteer with young people
Are you primarily interested in working with adults but benefiting children and young people at the same time? Do you have (or want to develop) leadership and management skills?Continue Reading Volunteer as a manager