South East Scotland Scouts are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person to support the administration and financial management of the Region. South East Scotland Regional Scout Council is responsible for the organisation of Scouting in the Borders, East Lothian, Edinburgh and Midlothian. It also owns and operates Bonaly Outdoor Centre, which lies at the foot of the Pentland Hills. This centre provides opportunities for groups for camping and outdoor activities. These can be residential, camp based or day activities. A charity with nearly 10,000 young people and adult members we are looking for an experienced administrator who can provide support to our visitors and volunteers and assist with regional finances.
Responsibilities will include input of financial data, management of Regional bank accounts, management of bookings for our Outdoor Centre and dealing with administration matters. The role involves working with volunteers and other staff members within the busy regional office based at Bonaly Outdoor Centre.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to multi-task while also showing excellent customer service. You will have a good financial sense and attention to detail. This role is more than a computer based job and you will required to be an active member of the team.
The hours are 22.5 per week Monday to Wednesday. There is another administrator that you will be working with 1 day per week. Many of the tasks are shared between the two roles but the Finance and Administration Assistant role focuses on supporting the finance procedures. The cross over day is currently Wednesday. Whilst most working hours will be in the period of 9-5 Monday to Friday there will be the occasional requirement for early evening working. The salary will be £10,200 per annum. If you are interested please contact Gillian Fraser, Regional Operations Manager for an application form.
Gillian Fraser, Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 16th August 5pm.
The Regional Finance and Administration Assistant will support the Regional Operations Manager and others in the team in the effective management of the Region in accordance with both the Policy Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association and other statutory obligations.
Regional Operations Manager
In addition technical oversight will be provided by the Regional Treasurer and accountant.
Responsibilities of the Regional Administrator:
- Processing cash taking, other payments and preparing bankings
- Maintaining Regional Accounts including data input
- Managing Regional bank accounts including authorisation of payments and management of all credits to the Region
- Preparing Sales ledgers and Purchaser ledgers
- Performing regular bank reconciliations
- Managing Bookings for our Outdoor Centre
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, e-mail , correspondence and face-to-face contact with customers and volunteers
- General Administration to support the management team
- Assist with guest information and visitor check-ins when required
- Maintaining a high level of customer service in all aspects
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as required to help run the region and centre
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Working Knowledge of Xero accounting systems or other similar accounting packages
- Experience of banking and finance procedures
- Experience of working in a finance and/or administration role
- Demonstrated effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Willing to be part of a small team that works towards team goals
- Hold or successfully apply for membership to PVG scheme for working with child and vulnerable adults (paid for by the Region)
- Bookkeeping experience
- Experience of working within a voluntary organisation or similar
- Knowledge of Scouting, Girlguiding and other youth groups