82nd Craigalmond Scouts & Sea Scouts (Cramond) – review of 2017
The Santa Sleigh going around the streets of Craigmount and Drumbrae, exciting children and raising money for charity, was the last event in an action-packed year for the Troop. The year included:
We had a great series of camps:
- Easter at Lapwing
- Summer at Loch Tay
- Overnight at Dalmeny
- Sea Scouts at Lochgoilhead
- Sea Scouts at Cumbrae
Watch the highlights:
- We had a programme built round “skills for life” including nights focussed on the DIY, meteorology, safety, athletics, cycling, local knowledge, building projectiles, cooking, emergency services, backwoods cooking, a backwards night and lots of widegames.
- We celebrated Burns Night and Guy Fawkes Night.
- We had offsite meetings including tubing at Hillend, skateboarding at Transgression and trampolining at Ryze.
- We supported the Kirk Youth Service with a focus on famous people who were Scouts.
- We helped the Cramond Community build a new path in the Copse area along the River Almond.
- We did a range of fundraising including the Plant Sale in May, the Duck Race in June and the Santa Sleigh in December.
The Sea Scouts had a fantastic programme offering sailing, canoeing/kayaking, windsurfing and more, and had a really successful Sea Scout Regatta bringing home multiple prizes and awards.
The culmination of all of this is that in 2017 we awarded the Chief Scout Gold Award to no less than 11 Scouts, a great achievement. Mike Treanor, Scout Leader