Our Regional Strategic Plan is to equip more young people with the skills for life. We’re growing our friendly and talented team to help us deliver more skills for life across Scotland. We make a big difference. You could too. To deliver our ambitious goals and in line with the exciting Scouting Volunteer Experience Transformation Project, we have an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Leadership Team and deputise for the Regional Commissioner regarding our Programme Pillar.
The ARC for Programme supports our Assistant District Commissioners in ensuring our adult leaders feel valued and supported in their role and that young people have access to the balanced youth shaped programme that help them to succeed. The ARC for Programme will work with members across the Region and Districts to raise and support awareness of the importance of high quality programme delivery – encouraging and inspiring young people, adult volunteers and partners to achieve this. This role, in partnership with the Regional Commissioner, Regional Teams and Districts will support the Region to consistently deliver fun, inspiring and high quality programmes.
* To manage the Regional Programme..
* Work with District ADCs to support the Groups and Sections in the delivery of a quality programme.
* Maintain a working relationship with District Commissioners, District Scout Network Commissioners, and other Commissioners in the Region, particularly providing support in matters relating to the Programme.
* Collaborate with the Regional Team to devise Regional events, projects, activities and programme experiences that can be made available to all members across the Region beyond those delivered by Districts and Groups.
* Work in partnership with the Regional Commissioner and Regional Team in the management of the Region.
* Support the Regional Commissioner and Regional Training Manager with the learning needs of Leaders and Commissioners.
* Maintain contact with relevant local community groups linked to programme themes, including promoting Scouting to the local community.
* Ensure that the Region thrives and has the best systems in place to support the Districts and Groups, to support all adult volunteers in the District and to develop Scouting in the Region.
* Work with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team to produce a vision for the Regional programme and implement a development plan to meet that vision.
* Ensure that Scouting in the Region is attractive to young people and adults from all backgrounds.
* Ensure that the Region has an adequate team of supported and appropriate adults working effectively together and with others to meet the Scouting needs of the area.