Bonaly is back open – again!
We are delighted to announce that Bonaly Scout Centre’s grounds can be used to meet-up again for Scouting activities.
We will be open for evening visits on Fridays 18:00 – 21:30 (Leaders 17:30 – 22:00), and for weekend day visits Saturdays & Sundays 10:00 – 16:00 (Leaders 09:30 – 16:30). For evening visits, mid-week or extended weekend days, please email for availability.
Under Amber status, group sizes will be limited to 15 including leaders with the number of groups also being restricted so we are COVID secure. Each group will be allocated their own zone and toilet facility. Arrival and departure times may need to be staggered to avoid too many people in the car-parks at the same time.
There has been a lot going on at Bonaly this last month.
- We now have new front gates which will help with security and look so much better than the rusty old ones.
- The Druim field now has a new access road and turning circle, so transporting kit will be a lot easier for Leaders.
- New drainage pipes and channels have been installed to dry out the Backwoods cooking area and the top of the Druim…it’s amazing just how much water is now running away!
- The Druim is also getting two new shelters later in the year and foundations have been laid.
- More CCTV cameras have been installed and we now have cover for the car parks, main field, Chalet and garage compound.
- The Chalet refurbishment continues with old beds, sinks and carpets being removed, and the external toilet has been upgraded to an accessible facility.
- And, sixty tonnes of gravel have been laid in the carpark…so no more potholes and muddy puddles!
Can we say a big thank you to all the leaders who attended our activity development workshop on the 23rd of March – lots of great suggestions and ideas were generated which we will take into consideration as we develop our “Modern Traditional Programme” of activities. More details to follow next month.