INFORMATION ABOUT SCOUTING
The Assistant Regional Commissioner (Communications) – is vacant. But we like to look at things more as a Communications Team member position is vacant. Join the team and come and have fun. To find out more or have a conversation please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can make a difference!
The ARC (Communications) – or Comms Team member!! – is a key role which has responsibility for ensuring that Scouting in the Region is appropriately promoted using various media channels, and that communication tools are used effectively to make and keep in contact with both internal and external audiences. It’s exciting and fresh with lots of scope for personal development.
No Scouting experience, no problem! Some interest or knowledge in marketing and communications skills are desirable for the right person to enjoy this position.
We wish to make more use of local media for positive and proactive news stories to support our seven Districts and 89 Groups. The role also includes the coordination of communications in general. This can include websites, social media accounts and working with local media contacts. Effective communication involves a range of tasks and skills, most often undertaken by a team or by a single individual with multiple talents. We wish to create a communications team to enable a number of areas to be broken down into smaller tasks. Sounds great, well it is!
Why not read the full role job description. However, we want to emphasise that we are breaking down this role into bitesize chunks so we are flexible and will work to accommodate your skills, interest and vision. We’re in this together. We are made up of ordinary people doing extraordinary things to help young people. Is that you?
More about Scouts
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here. All genders, races and backgrounds. Every week we give almost half a million people aged 4-25 the skills they need for school, college, university, the job interview, the important speech, the tricky challenge and the big dreams: the skills they need for life. At a time when communities are becoming more divided, we bring people together. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures. We welcome talent from all backgrounds and your contribution to help even more young people succeed in life.
This role is perfect for you if you are:
- Passionate about planning, delivering and measuring the impact of clear communications
- Curious about or knowledgeable in digital channels or communications in general?
- Have a keen interest in seeing how we can use digital platforms to better engage with our audiences?
- Experienced or curious about using email marketing platforms to build and develop email campaigns?
- What about the CMS of a website to make updates? Want to learn?
- Confident in the safe handling of personal data and can work well with data insights to find ways to better target our communications? Our GDPR short course can get you up to speed if not.
- A problem solver, who likes nothing more than being presented with a challenge or mystery to get to the bottom of? Why did this member not receive their email? Why is this web link not appearing properly in the email?
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities, collaborating with colleagues from across the organisation.
- Understand the importance of maintaining a clear and consistent written, spoken and visual identity.
If you answered any of these with ‘yes’, then please get in touch for an informal conversation. We don’t bite! We are particularly interested to hear from young adults to ensure we remain youth shaped in our direction and thinking.
Adult volunteers, the amazing benefits!
You can make a big difference. We are a volunteer led movement, and we are proud to be so. We’d love you to join our team. From brand development to campaigning, from event work to key messages and from media engagement to member tool kits. You name it we do it, and we’d welcome your input and guidance to help South East Scotland Scouts help young people learn skills for life. Thanks!