We need help to start keeping a record of the events or activities which our young people in South East Scotland have done to help other people and our environment in 2019/20.
Could you assist us to keep a record of all these activities and help promote what we are doing? We would like someone to help us get a better picture of the difference we are making; for example, how much money is being raised or what environmental projects were undertaken.
We are already doing fantastic work in our sections and units to help other people or our environment:
- Beavers running coffee mornings for people with disabilities,
- Cubs cleaning local community signage and doing beach cleaning
- Scout Group cleaning up the banks of the River Tweed or raising money for Social Bite
- Explorers supporting the Walk for Autism or clearing Salmonberry
- Network members helped upgrade the national Madagascar national scout campsite
So now, we want to take stock of all that we are doing. We will get a head start by asking all Sections to complete a survey for any community event/activity they have done in 2019/20 – see separate article.
This would really suit someone who likes engaging with people and helping to make parents and the public more aware of the tremendous benefits of Scouting in our communities. This is called our ‘Community Impact’.
If you think you could spare some time to help us to collate and promote the great things we are already doing and will be doing in our Region, please could you get in touch with me, by email or telephone: email@example.com or 0131 312 8956 or Mike Treanor, Scouting Support Officer, Michael.Treanor@sesscouts.org.uk