* The exterior roughcasting is completed to ensure the hall is wind and water tight for winter.
* The main hall has been painted inside.
* New fire emergency lighting and energy-saving lights on sensors have been installed throughout the rooms to help lower energy usage and bills.
* A new gate has been built which provides improved security. It was fixed and treated by Men’s Shed who we have been given the use of their land for their container. As part of the 42nd being part of the community, they kindly support the Men’s Shed and their Monday meeting place.
* And finally, the 42nd have fitted a tamperproof thermostat to stop the mystery person from putting the boiler on to heat all the time and forgetting to switch it of! How kind of them!
Would you like to join the 42nd Team as an adult volunteer?
Well done to the amazing leadership team at the 42nd Pentland Scout Group in Currie. They are looking for new faces to join the team across the Beaver, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers. Everyone is welcome as an adult volunteer. It’s fab, friendly and fun! Come and join us. Why not email for an informal chat.