This new opportunity can be done from home so is open to all those living in Edinburgh, Borders, Midlothian and East Lothian.
Our Regional Strategic Plan is to equip more young people with the skills for life. Admin and logistics are an important part of our plans and Scouting as a whole. They help to ensure the safe and effective running of any section, Group, District or Region. The Regional Administrator will support the Regional Commissioner to ensure the smooth functioning and sound administration of the Region in accordance with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of Scouts.
We’re growing our friendly and talented team to help us deliver more skills for life across Scotland. We make a big difference. You could too. To deliver our ambitious goals and in line with the exciting Scouting Volunteer Experience Transformation Project, we have an exciting opportunity to join the Team. Oh, and it’s good fun too!
As this is a flexible role, the below are just are some examples of tasks that a Regional Administrator might undertake.
* Provide administrative support to the running of Regional Leadership Meets and to the Regional Commissioner.
* Work with the Regional Commissioner to set meeting agendas and arrange meeting logistics for Regional Leadership Team meetings.
* Taking accurate and accessible minutes of named meetings.
* Distributing agendas, minutes and supporting documents for named meetings.
* Ensuring the safety and security of records, complying with appropriate legal requirements.
* Communicating with Regional Leadership Team as required.
* Supporting the administrative requirements of specific events such as the Annual Review