Risk Assessment Workshops for Adult Volunteers – 1st, 3rd and 9th June 2021 at 7 – 8pm
- There are now some additional mandatory requirements in force since January 2021, relating to the need for written risk assessments both for general activities and also adventurous activities. This is separate from the restart approval process, which also requires a documented risk assessment to be submitted for approval ahead of moving between COVID-19 readiness levels in the restart of face-to-face scouting.
- The Regional Assessor Team are keen to support you with these requirements, to bring you up to speed on the new rules, to help save you some time and to give you an opportunity to ask questions at these workshops. We will be focussing on activities in T0 hillwalking or class C water activities but there will be crossover to other activities. The workshop will help you with the requirement to produce written risk assessments before undertaking such activities.
- We will have specific Regional Assessors available at each session, as follows:
- June 1st – Mark Campbell (Hillwalking, Bruce Macdonald (Kayaking)
- June 3rd – Richard McLeod (Hillwalking), Cathy Southworth (Hillwalking), Malcolm Leckie (Water Activities)
- June 9th – James Sievewright (Snowsports) Simon Cocker (Hillwalking), Lawrence Tring (Hillwalking)
- Please sign up for any of the dates via this link Registrations will close on 25th May 2021. The form gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may already have in advance of the session so we can incorporate them into our presentation.
- Please note, these workshops are similar to the ones we ran in January 2021.
Manager of the Activity Permit Scheme
South East Scotland Scouts