Winter has now well and truly set in at Longcraig:
Facilities upgrade – Update
Our Building Warrant application is now at City Planning. Tender invitations have been issued and there are a number of potential contractors preparing bids to do the work. We expect to have their proposals available early December.
So, our hopes and expectations remain that the works will be able to commence immediately into 2021, with a completion date of early Spring so we will be able to re-open after COVID with a significantly improved and modernised toilets, showers and changing.We’ll keep you updated over the winter months as things continue to progress.
And a wee bit of help would be appreciated too please:
We’ve made good progress in preparing and clearing space for the contractors when they come, but we do still need some space away form Longcraig where we could store some of our equipment for a few months to ease up some space. Our needs are very flexible – ranging from some boats/kayaks on trailers, to some of the same not on their trailers, to simply some boxes or crates of equipment and stores. So, any suitable space, either outside or inside, would be ideal, so long as it is reasonably secure, although any boats and trailers can be well locked up!
If you know of anywhere that might fit the bill, please contact Malcolm Leckie, Active Support Unit Manager, on 07919 170437 or Ian Harrower on 07565 593785
Merry Christmas from all the team at Longcraig Scout Centre
We take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and healthy Christmas, and we all join together to hope that 2021 will allow us to return to some sort of ‘more normal’ and that we will be able to start offering activities and training once again.
We’d like to thank everyone for their patience and perseverance during 2020, not just for the bookings and cancellations and reschedules but also for the support we have had during a difficult year for all activity centres and providers.
In keeping with a number of other establishments, here are a few Christmas shopping ideas that you might like to consider:
Gifts for Him:
- Longcraig can offer taster sessions, training courses, try a new activity, and much more.
- We can offer vouchers for any of these activities which can be used as part of a group booking or as an individual where appropriate.
- We can provide kayaks, sailing dinghies, paddleboards, and any of the accessories needed for these, for scout sections, or even for family use, when it’s not being used, provided it is used within the normal activity rules.
Some ideas for stocking fillers:
- Buoyancy aids
- Waterproof smock tops or canoe cagoules
- Warm woolly beanies
- Wetsuit boots
- All the rest of the wetsuit too!
- Sailing gloves
We are happy to offer advice if you are going on a shopping spree, just drop us an e-mail!
Gifts for Her:
Longcraig is a non-discriminatory organisation, so ALL of the Gifts for Him above are equally applicable to females too! (and leaders; and grannies and grandpas!)
Experiences for Everyone:
- There are now three bridges in the Forth to sail under, paddle round, or simply view from close up from any angle.
- A few times a year, when the tides are right, we can offer a muddy day out.
- At any time of the year, our Barbeque option has one of the best views in South East Region as you gaze up the River Forth through the three bridges!