In the South East Scotland Regional Strategy we have set ourselves a goal of: “Actively reducing barriers to membership for both young people and adult volunteers to help make Scouting in the Region representative of our wider communities by 2025”.
To support this goal, we have an Inclusion Fund specifically designed to help overcome barriers to support young people and adult volunteers participating in Scouting. The Inclusion Fund is open to all Sections, Groups, Districts or Regional led activity.
Initiatives which this funding could be used to support include:
- Taster Events (potentially using our Regional Centres) for those who experience barriers to traditional Scouting.
- Partnerships with organisations to support provision of Scouting in areas of deprivation.
- Developing community relations
- Resources to support making the demographic of our adult volunteers’ representative of the communities within South East Scotland.
- Improving our recruitment and induction of volunteers.
- Purchase equipment to make venues or activities more accessible.
- Venue costs for a new section in an area where Scouting has traditionally struggled e.g. areas of deprivation.
- Training for adult volunteers and/or young people
How to apply
You can complete this form if you wish to apply for a grant from the Inclusion Fund. Please ensure your District Lead Volunteer (or Regional Lead Volunteer for Regional initiatives) is aware of and supports your application.
More about other funding options
You can find out more about the Inclusion Fund via the document below and on our Funding page where you can also find information about other funds available to support different aspects of Scouting from South East Scotland, Scouts Scotland or UK Scouts.