ADULTS IN SCOUTING
Scouting depends on volunteers like you!
- There are many roles in Scouting so we can use many different skills.
- Anyone over 18 can help out as an adult volunteer in Scouting. There is no upper age limit.
- Volunteering is flexible. You can decide how much time you can give.
- We will provide training and support. So no experience of Scouting is necessary.
- You will meet new people and learn new things.
Find out more about:
- Volunteering with children or young people directly
- Volunteering as a “volunteer manager“
- Volunteering behind the scenes
- Volunteering with a particular skill or hobby
Thinking differently about Volunteering
News items for Volunteers
New premises are urgently required to store the costume, scenery, archives and other assets acquired by Edinburgh Gang Show over the past 58 years. Continue Reading Storage required for Edinburgh Gang Show
This month the Region achieved its Foundation Youth Approved award from Scouts Scotland. We are over the moon with this award and shall be displaying it on most of our future comms and putting the certificate in the reception of Bonaly. For those of you not too...
The Region ran a taster training session on 30 April. Eight leaders from across the Region spent an evening with Mountaineering Instructors Davy Virdee and Martin Holland looking at the skills needed to move towards gaining a hillwalking permit. There’s lots of demand...
GDPR : What should I be doing? Martin Elliot offers practical advice. Continue Reading GDPR advice
T1 and T2 training opportunities – two initiatives. Check them out and sign up! Continue Reading Hillwalking training
Mary Dick is welcomed to her new role as Assistant Regional Commissioner (Adult Training). Continue Reading New ARC AT
Funding is available for Scouts and Explorers going abroad. See this article for details and how to apply. Continue Reading Lyburn Fund
We welcome Malcolm Cutt to his new role as Regional Treasurer. Continue Reading New Regional Treasurer
The British Red Cross are offering free courses: First Aid, and Refugee Awareness. Why not include them in your programme? Continue Reading Free Red Cross courses
How one Group recruited six new leaders. Read what they did and see whether you could pick up some ideas. Continue Reading Finding new leaders